Table of Contents
- Contact Us
Collection of information
- Information obtained through feedback and service
- Automatically collected information
- Information from others
Use of information
- Payment Information
- Contact details
- Collected statistics
Display of information
- Service providers
- Protection for Swiftr and others
- Company Transfers
- Internal handling of your personal data
- Access to Your Account and Profiles
- Change of personal information
- Request for extraction of personal information
- Request for deletion of personal data
Cookies and Internet advertising
- What are cookies?
- How does Swiftr use web signals and other technologies?
In order to provide as high-quality experience as possible, we collect certain personal information about
which is everything that can be linked to you as a person, as well as statistics about your use of Swiftr's
service. This policy describes our procedures for the collection, use and disclosure of certain information,
including your personal information, within Swiftr AB and Swiftr S.à.r.l. ("Swiftr"). Swiftr is responsible
for compliance with this policy.
The policy applies to you who have an account with us, that is, you who have registered with an account with us, and you who are or have been a paying member.
Collection of information
In order to provide a high-quality service, we collect different types of information about you. The information is collected for a variety of reasons: by consent, obligation under law (such as accounting obligations), or other reasons of interest (for example for marketing purposes). For example, we can integrate your personal data with social media. The different types of information collected are summarized below.
Information you provide us:
When registering as a user, you must provide Swiftr with information such as name, email, social security number, phone number (optional), Facebook profile (optional) and password. If you sign up for our paid services, you must provide invoice or card details. If you choose a subscription with a bicommitment period, you must also enter your social security number to enable any billing. The information is collected when you enter the information in the registration form yourself, or when you place an order via mail or via our chat.
Information obtained through feedback and service
Information can also be collected through, for example, email correspondence, via Swiftr's customer service chat, during market research and / or surveys. We never store personal information for the latter two without your approval.
Automatically collected information
We collect information about you and your use of our service, your contact with us, including information about the devices used (e.g. computer, mobile devices and tablet). This information include:
- Your activity on Swiftr's service, including your bookings, your searches and your training
- Information about your contact with our customer service, such as the time, the reason why you contacted us, copies of email and chat conversations and, if you call us, your telephone number
- Device numbers or unique identifiers, device and software properties (such as type and configuration), connection information, browser type, pageview statistics, referring URLs, IP address and standard information from log files
Information from others
Personal information including name, email address, address, employer, social security number and order
information may be provided to us, for example, by ordering subscriptions from partners / external parties /
resellers of Swiftr's service, including Benify, Wellnet, Actiway, etc., or from tests / questionnaires.
does not accept responsibility for how third parties handle your personal information.
In some cases, personal data is obtained on the recommendation of existing members or persons in Swiftr's database.
Use of information
Information we collect is used to provide, analyze, administer, improve and adapt our services and our marketing. For example, we can use it to process your registration, your bookings and your payments, as well as to communicate with you about these and other topics. The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
We collect payment information such as invoice details in order to charge you as an invoice user for our services. Card details are stored with our card payment provider Stripe and are therefore not in Swiftr's ownership.
Contact information such as email address and telephone number (optional) is stored so that Swiftr can
communicate with you as a member about information that is relevant to your perceived quality of the
This includes booking confirmation, information about changes in schedules, newsletters and special offers
well as support for inquiries such as password reset, etc. Email addresses can also be used for market
and gathering feedback in order to improve our service.
Social security numbers and billing information are saved to enable billing in cases the user purchases a membership with commitment period.
We record your training / visitor statistics to:
- Make it available to you as a member so you can see your accumulated training with the purpose to provide added value to your membership.
- Provide customized, personalized recommendations on, for example, studios and exercise types that we think you will like, based on your preferences.
- Calculate compensation for Swiftr's partner studios. Note, however, that only anonymous visits are shared with Swiftr's partner studios.
- Analyze training trends and thereby understand our audience and improve our service (e.g. the user interface), service delivery optimization, content selection and recommendation algorithms
- Prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforce our terms (such as determining eligibility for any discounts)
Display of information
In order to provide our services, we use third-party service providers for certain purposes. These providers only have access to such information as is reasonably necessary to provide these services with the desired delivery and quality and are obliged not to disclose or use the information for any purpose other than that. These include, but are not limited to:
- payment services and billing providers
- suppliers of mail and chat systems
- databases linked to the platform
- provider of internal file management
- contract system (for partner studios)
When such third parties provide such services, the service providers may in some cases have access to your personal information. We do not allow them to use or display your personal information except for the purpose of providing their services.
Protection for Swiftr and others
In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will
transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect
Internal handling of your personal data
Swiftr has clear routines to ensure that no one, either internally or externally, has access to personal information that is not necessary for him / her to perform a satisfactory job.
Access to Your Account and Profiles
In order to make it easy for you to access your account and to help administer the Swiftr service, we implement technology that allows us to recognize you as an account holder. That way, we can provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to re-enter your password or other user identification when you return to the Swiftr service. Users of public or shared devices should log out after each visit. If you sell or return a computer or Swiftr-ready device, log out and disable the device before doing so. If you do not protect your password / device or do not log out or deactivate your device, it is possible for subsequent users to access your account information, including your personal information. If you share your account, or in other ways allow others to access your account, they can see your information, such as your account information (including your email address or other information in your account).
Change of personal information
You have the right to change your personal information. To do this, simply visit the account settings in the app section of our website - where you can access and update information about your account, including your contact information, your payment information for Swiftr and various information related to your account (e.g. your email address, etc.). You must be logged in to reach this section.
Request for extraction of personal information
Contact our customer service email if you would like an extract on all the personal information stored according to your consent. We will return the information via e-mail to the e-mail address registered with us.
Request for deletion of personal data
Contact our customer service email if you wish that we delete all personal information about you, which has been given after consent, from our records. You can also email us if you have any other questions about our privacy practices.
We believe that we use reasonable administrative, logical and physical measures as well as management measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that a measure is 100 percent safe. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information is secure.
Cookies and Internet advertising
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are usually stored on your device as you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information reporting and facilitate personalization of services or advertising.
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Required cookies: These cookies are absolutely necessary for us to provide our website or online service. For example, we or our Service Providers may use these cookies to verify and identify our members as they use our websites and applications so that we can deliver our service to them. They also help us enforce our Member Terms, prevent fraud, and maintain the security of our service.
- Cookies for performance and functionality: These cookies are not necessary, but they help us to customize and enhance your Swiftr experience online. For example, they contribute to remembering your preferences so that you do not have to enter information that you have already entered (for example when you registered as a member). These cookies are also used to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rate, training patterns, clickthrough rates and other information) about our visitors' use of the Swiftr service, so that we can improve and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. If you delete this type of cookie, the functionality of the service will be limited.
- Advertisement Cookies: These cookies use information about your visits to this and other websites, such as which pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to advertisements and emails, to provide ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called "interest-based ads".
How does Swiftr use web signals and other technologies?
Web signals (also called transparent GIFs or pixel tags) are often used in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for purposes similar to cookies, for example, to understand and improve the use of our service, to improve website performance, to monitor visitor traffic and activity on our site, and to understand interactions with our marketing (including email, post and online ads on third party websites). Since web signals are often used in conjunction with cookies, denial of cookies can often impair the effectiveness of web signals.
Last updated: 11 november 2019